Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Carole's card template  (Read 2255 times)
carolerob
Floral Arrangement

Chester-le-Street, Co Durham

« on: August 28, 2012, 08:28:05 pm »

A few people asked me how to make a card i posted recently on the forum. Its not an easy card to explain but i have taken a few pic of it at different angles + a pic of the card i made. I tried making a template but it didn't show very well when photographed  ?

I've wrote the stages the best i could so i hope they are understandable  Wink Please use scrap card or paper first to test my instructions as its the first time i've done this and don't want you to mess up some good card if i have not explained properly ....pleas contact me if you don't understand anything.  Grin

(1) The card was made using an A3 piece of card and made using the length of the card and scored 19.5cm along the long edge, cut some of the bottom once folded to make it 19.5cm down the other side.

(2) Open card out and starting on the centre fold,  mark from the top 3.5cm down...turn the card around and do the same for the bottom...... do the same on the front edge 3.5 cm in from edge ...... cut along from these marks.

(3) Using a scoring board, start 3.5cm in from the front where the cut line ends, score between the two cut lines top to bottom.... and also another score line 3cm in from this scored line to make a second score line.

(4) Fold the score lines as the card shows but avoid bending the front top and bottom edge which remains flat, only the spine edge is folded top & bottom like a book spine ....keeping the cut area in middle flat.

(5) The front inside area is decorated with backing paper etc ....the acetate is measured to fit front spine fold to front cut edge, attach with double sided tape (best way to do this is to lay the card down on table with front inside up but make sure the sticky tape is not showing on past the front edge.

(6) With the card folded in position but turned upside down ....peel off a little bit of tape backing and slot the acetate from the spine edge with the right side facing down, the acetate should measure exactly the length of the cut area with a little bit extra to stick onto the top and bottom of the front inside edge. Look at view 1 & 2 Acetate is attached to front area and card is attached to back! (Hope this hasn't confused you more  Roll Eyes)

This is the finished card and others in different views, hope everybody can understand these instructions. Wink

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:33:23 pm by carolerob » Logged

Joy
Flower

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:00:19 am »

Thanks for eexplaining Carole, when I feel braver I may attempt it.

Joy (aka janey/jemrose)

Life is too short to drink cheap wine....

carolerob
Floral Arrangement

Chester-le-Street, Co Durham

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:17:11 pm »

Hi Joy, its not as difficult as it looks ...just practice on some scrap paper or card first! Grin  ...and follow the pictures  Roll Eyes Grin

If you want to ask any questions don't be afraid to ask as its hard to explain when i'm writing it down.

Carole x

Jan
Flower

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 03:19:02 pm »

Ooo sounds complicated but I will have a go lol, many thanks for posting the tut x

Always remember, no matter where you are or what you're going through...you'll never walk alone

pink
Flower

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 06:58:35 pm »

I'm glad you posted photos i find them easier to follow than instructions tfs

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: