Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Marianne Designable Folders  (Read 3118 times)
sylviar
Flower

Tyne & Wear

« on: September 12, 2012, 09:54:22 pm »

Hi, if anyone buys the pink Marianne Designable folders..... before you use it check the little white cutting pads are not sticky.....if they are then put talc on them......
...I ordered a folder on Sunday 9th Sept that Daisycat used on her 2nd wedding card ....I received it on the 11th and used it for the first time tonight 12th and one of the little white cutting pads stuck to my card  Cry 0 .................so instead of going through the rig marole of sending it back I've pinflaired it back on.............PLEASE check these white pads are not sticky before you use them xx

Love 'n' Hugs
Sylvia R xxx

"A TRUE FRIEND IS LIKE A GOOD BRA, LIFTS YOU UP AND IS ALWAYS CLOSE TO YOUR HEART"

"YOU ARE MY FAMILY AND I AM YOUR FRIEND,I WILL LOVE AND CARE FOR YOU ALWAYS" (Quoted by Janeygrey)

pink
Flower

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 09:00:44 pm »

tfs good tip

Carole
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:54:39 pm »

Do you mean the  white bits that are in the holes? I dug them out, now it wont cut properly.

Carole

sylviar
Flower

Tyne & Wear

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 03:38:19 am »

Yes Carole the little white bits are a small cutting and embossing feature to do the job its supposed to ......but sometimes you end up with card on the opposite side........really hope you haven't pulled the sponge bits off.........   Cry

I've attached a pic of the small white sponge/cutting bits I mean......the small one on the bottom left came off........so ..........
......if you ever buy a raspberry coloured Marianne designable folder please make sure you talc the small white sponges before you use it .......as mine was sticky on the wrong side and got stuck to the card.......now I've solved the problem by gluing it back on and it works fine.....xxxx
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:44:35 am by sylviar » Logged

Love 'n' Hugs
Sylvia R xxx

"A TRUE FRIEND IS LIKE A GOOD BRA, LIFTS YOU UP AND IS ALWAYS CLOSE TO YOUR HEART"

"YOU ARE MY FAMILY AND I AM YOUR FRIEND,I WILL LOVE AND CARE FOR YOU ALWAYS" (Quoted by Janeygrey)

Carole
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 11:37:48 am »

I used it a couple of times  ages ago and it seemed ok, then when i went to use it again, recently, I thought I'd left bit in it so poked them out with a pokey tool. Now i just have holes! i didn't think of it again till I saw your post and realised what I'd done.

Carole

carolerob
Floral Arrangement

Chester-le-Street, Co Durham

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 01:09:57 pm »

What a shame Carole ...easy mistake to make!  A friend of mine started to do the same with mine  Shocked   she also thought it had bits of card stuck ...i caught her in time so no harm was done  Grin

Can you stick some bits of those sticky pads in ...might be worth a try !

Carole x

Lou
Bouquet

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »

You can buy release foam , its a very thin foam sheet with sticky on one side , I'm sure it will repair your die carole.
From cutting edge crafts look under nellie snellen dies and accesories, An A4 sheet for less than 2
It's brilliant, all those dies that I used to have to prise the die cut out of the die now  just drop out as sweet as you like

Linsey from Flintshire, Wales

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: