Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Big Shot Help  (Read 1811 times)
JanM
Floral Arrangement

« on: July 13, 2013, 12:16:54 AM »

PLEASE can someone with a Big Shot give me the EXACT sandwiches they use for cutting then embossing the same die (including which way up the die goes).  I am pulling my hair out trying to get my machine to emboss dies; some it won;t even cut properly.  Also which embossing mat do you use?

Thank you - I am going bonkers trying to get some of my dies to work correctly - the one below is particularly frustrating !  I haven;t managed to get it all cut out let alone emboss it  Cry Cry
http://cuddlybuddly.com/shop/v16488-marianne-design-creatables-dies-anjas-large-ovals-lr0236/

Old ! Me?  Never ................

Sally R
Bud

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 08:41:31 AM »

If it is a thin die you need all the layers on the multi platform. If the cutting plates are worn, you may need to move the die/card slightly and run it back through as there may be a patch that doesn't cut as well. If it still doesn't cut, try a shim of card. I have a tan mat for embossing - just take off the top platform and use the same cutting plates. I tend to cut with the die facing down as I don't have to bother to tape it in place then turn it over to emboss. If you want to leave it on the cutting plate to emboss you would be better having it face up as you need the embossing mat on the cutting side to push the card into the holes in the die so then you can just drop the mat straight on the top.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers
Sally R

Sally R
http://cadenzacraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Music is what feelings sound like (anon)

JanM
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 09:34:29 AM »

If you want to leave it on the cutting plate to emboss you would be better having it face up as you need the embossing mat on the cutting side to push the card into the holes in the die so then you can just drop the mat straight on the top.

Doesn't that mean your embossing mat gets all cut up Sally? Or am I just being incredibly thick  Smiley  I don;t think I am cut out for this die cut lark  lol
But thanks for the help x
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:34:49 AM by JanM » Logged

Pam (PeeJay)
Floral Arrangement

... sandwiched between East & West Sussex!

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 10:10:06 AM »

The tan/embossing mats are designed not to get cut Jan.  Think this convo has been had before 'cos I can remember going through the 'sandwich' with you (if not you it was somebody else - lol! but certainly been had before) and saying you needed to have the embossing mat on the cutting side.  If you don't you'll never get an embossed effect.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:10:39 AM by Pam (PeeJay) » Logged

Pam (PeeJay) Cheesy
To thine ownself be true.

Blog: http://peejays-ramblings.blogspot.com

Lynnspain
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

San Miguel de Salinas, Costa Blanca, Spain

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 02:44:49 PM »

Jan, you need to make sure that the die has the blade side facing upwards to you and then place the tan mat on the die, then the second B plate.
Your embossing mat will not get cut, honestly! Smiley

Lynn
With my luck, when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Wanda's Blog
http://wherehaswandabeen.blogspot.com.es

JanM
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 07:15:43 PM »

Well bu**er me ............ embossing mat on the cutting side and voila - success first time !!!!  Pam it probably was me you told about sandwichews before - I have such an appalling memory (and yes I know writing it down would have been useful but my brain doesn;t think that way !!)

THANK YOU THANK YOU EVERYONE  (I am now going to print this thread and pin it somewhere comspicuous Smiley Smiley Smiley
 Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: