Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Works  (Read 1440 times)
megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« on: October 30, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »

is now online.
www.TheWorks.co.uk

I know many members have said that they wish they had a branch near them! Well now you do. Their website has all the stuff stuffed into their shops and more. P&P seems reasonable and there is free click and collect if you have a branch near enough and don't want to spend an age in the shop.

Gay rites four homophones

Our canal boating 'adventures' are on www.jannock.org.uk

BarbW
Bud

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 11:49:01 AM »

I've been using the online site for over a year and if you sign up for the newsletter you get e mails offering discounts free p/p etc.They have a card too that gives you points for spends and sometimes you only need to spend£10 to get free delivery.

Barbara

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 04:17:09 PM »

Naughty girl! You didn't tell me/us.  Kiss

BarbW
Bud

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 07:55:49 PM »

I am so sorry I didn't tell you I just assumed everyone knew about it.I promise if I find anything else I will post it. Embarrassed

Barbara

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 10:23:49 AM »

In that case we will let you off.

BarbW
Bud

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 02:34:52 PM »

There's up to 10%off on £10 spend on Thursday and 20% off £20 today only with code BOOM20

Pam (PeeJay)
Floral Arrangement

... sandwiched between East & West Sussex!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 08:30:37 PM »

The Works have had a website for a number of years.  I've used it but every time I have I've been ripped off one way or another.  Several times I've had to contact them to get things sorted out so I gave up using them online over a year ago.

Pam (PeeJay) Cheesy
To thine ownself be true.

Blog: http://peejays-ramblings.blogspot.com

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 11:49:02 AM »

Hhhmmm, was that before their demise and reincarnation? I will take note and be ready if I use them.

BarbW
Bud

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »

I have to say I've never had a problem with them and the store staff are lovely when I go to collect my order.I put an order in yesterday morning and it is already there for me to collect.

Barbara

BarbW
Bud

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 06:39:45 PM »

I have changed my mind about the Works and have now vowed to never use them again.I recently ordered a number of items 2 of which said 3 for 2 but when they arrived there was only 2 of each item.Their argument was "if you wanted 3 you should have ordered 3" no where did it say I had to order 3.I got an e mail saying
"we have sent you what you ordered and will not be sending you the other two items".To say I am cross is an understatement,I've spent a lot of money with them and yet they have lost my custom for the sake of.......£2.

Barbara

craftlady
Flower

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 10:58:06 PM »

as going to have look, but not sure now

irenemac

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 06:34:37 PM »

That is a rotten attitude. All for £2! Well that's put me off too.

Lou
Bouquet

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 06:08:05 PM »

Surely if you were in a physical shop and it was 3 for 2, you would have to take 3 items to the till to get the offer, otherwise they presume you only want 2.  i do think they could have been more helpful to put matters right.

Linsey from Flintshire, Wales

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »

I see it that way as well, but I have been online when the order is for 2 and the third one pops into your basket. Order 3 and you end up paying for 3 but getting 4. They could have sorted it more pleasantly, and £2 worth of bad press is not worth it.

We had a lady in at Citizens Advice last week. She'd bought some bits from a discount store on her hols ooop north. Only when home did she find she'd been overcharged for some hats. She contacted them, having found that the hats are on the website for the price that was on the label. The company's response was that it was a special offer and that it was finished the day she shopped, they just hadn't got round to putting new labels on the hats (they were plastic ones put on at manufacture) and they hadn't yet changed their website, so tough. If you ever go into Poundstrechers check your receipt and complain then if you need to. That was another couple of quid they have 'spent' on very bad publicity.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: