Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Scan and cut  (Read 166 times)
Jan
Flower

« on: August 13, 2017, 03:07:05 PM »

I have got around to buying one, I was looking at some cutting files and it says Scan N Cut Canvas &
Sure Cuts A Lot does that mean it can be used in the normal way for cutting, bit comfuzzled

Always remember, no matter where you are or what you're going through...you'll never walk alone

Doreen
Bloom

Doreen.....Location Eastbourne

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 05:42:26 PM »

Canvas is Brothers online app (just Google ScanNcut Canvas) which has a lot of free files and loads of basic shapes so you can make your own files then download them to a usb stick and put that in your ScanNcut to use the files. If your ScanNcut is wireless (mine isn't) there are videos on Youtube to help you. To use SVG file's you will need to update your ScanNcut on Brother Soloutions Center web page there are video's on Youtube for that too. Have a look for applelover53 she has lots of videos including updating you machine. Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL is a paid for software from Craft Edge)....you can make several type's of file's including FCM files to use with your machine with SCAL just export the file rather than save it put it on your usb stick then plug it into your machine to use the file's. I hope that helps
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:43:41 PM by Doreen » Logged

Jan
Flower

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 08:51:17 AM »

Thank you Doreen
I bought the cm900, so I can buy the file and start cutting straight away, nice to be able to just buy what you need/want, Cheesy

Always remember, no matter where you are or what you're going through...you'll never walk alone

Doreen
Bloom

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 09:28:56 AM »

Thank you Doreen
I bought the cm900, so I can buy the file and start cutting straight away, nice to be able to just buy what you need/want, Cheesy

You may still need to bring your machine up to date to get all the options. The files in Canvas are free

Jan
Flower

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 11:37:10 AM »

It is all up to date, the file I want to buy from card making downloads is a 3d model, but because the file format was S/C canvas I was a bit confused, I know of canvas but im getting to grips with just basic stuff at the moment, thanks again for your comment

Doreen
Bloom

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 11:43:36 AM »

It is all up to date, the file I want to buy from card making downloads is a 3d model, but because the file format was S/C canvas I was a bit confused, I know of canvas but im getting to grips with just basic stuff at the moment, thanks again for your comment

You're welcome

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: