Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cutterpillar crop  (Read 658 times)
BarbW
Bud

« on: August 22, 2017, 01:10:15 pm »

Does anyone have one of these?
Mine has stopped cutting smoothly and despite sending messages via FB I have had no reply.So much for the lifetime guarantee
on the blade.I am really cross but dont know where to go next!

Barbara

Doreen
Bloom

Doreen.....Location Eastbourne

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:02:03 pm »

I've got one and so far so good. Try contacting the company here https://www.cutterpillar.com

BarbW
Bud

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 07:21:21 pm »

Thanks for that they are going to send me a new blade but goodness knows how long it will take.

Barbara

Doreen
Bloom

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 07:44:29 pm »

Thanks for that they are going to send me a new blade but goodness knows how long it will take.

Barbara

That's good I hope you don't have to wait too long

Carole
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 10:11:59 am »

That is good, a replacement blade.

Carole

Foxylady
Flower

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 07:43:18 am »

Glad Cutterpillar are fulfilling their obligations under the lifetime guarantee. I am very tempted to have one - may have to look out for a good offer!

Cx

Christine from Stockport

val090
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

From Sunny Dorset

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 01:49:12 pm »

My goodness .....They ARE expensive!

I have a Crafters Companion Clever cut, it does several cuts and a perforation cut. I only use it for my inserts.
I can't see the sense in spending almost 70, when you can get the same thing for less than 25

Val From Bridport Dorset

Sometimes on your way to a dream, you get lost........but then you find a better one!

Please visit my blog http://valscraftroom.blogspot.com/

Please visit My Facebook Card studio https://www.facebook.com/ValsCardStudio

craftlady
Flower

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 09:39:41 pm »

is that the one that u never supposed to need new blade for. oris someting diff i have 2 or 3 diff ones and i dont think any of them work asthere supposed to . my first one is woodword  i go back to it. then i got a present of one like crafters companion one it seems to shred things. then i got purple cow  rotary and guilotine which i quite like. find gulotine handy for cutting to size. im terrible at str8 lines. cant seem to cut str8 at all. but they all look wondeful in demos on tv

irenemac

Foxylady
Flower

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 05:12:09 am »

It's the thought of never having to buy a replacement blade that I find so desireable about the Cutterpillar. I've had several trimmers over the years where the manufacturers (eg Woodware and Fiskars) stopped producing the blades as they had introduced new versions with different fittings - very frustrating! I've also been through several guillotines, where the blades have dulled or snagged beyond repair. The amount I've spent on buying the originals and then the newer versions which replaced them, plus all the new blades, must surely exceed the cost of the Cutterpillar with it's lifetime guarantee (can you tell I'm trying to persuade myself it's OK to buy one?)!

I'm afraid I've had several Clevercuts (Crafter's Companion) cutters too, over the years, but haven't rated them, so gave them away. I currently have a small Tonic guillotine and a larger Xcut guillotine on my craft desk, and take a Fiskars trimmer to classes/workshops.

Cx

Christine from Stockport

Doreen
Bloom

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 08:25:45 am »

I have the Cutterpillar Crop which is the smaller version and the blade sharpens each time you use it but you do have to make sure you press it against the edge of the steel as you push/pull it across when cutting for it to sharpen

craftlady
Flower

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 09:13:18 pm »

this is waht happens as soon as something new comes out you cant get replacements for old machine( for whatever)

we conned all the time

irenemac

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: