Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Really stupid question  (Read 290 times)
BarbW
Bud

« on: October 08, 2017, 08:33:45 pm »

When you take a snapshot of a pic where on earth do you locate it Embarrassed Embarrassed
I have W10 and it's not something I have used for years though I'm sure I used it on D Moores cds years ago

Barbara

Doreen
Bloom

Doreen.....Location Eastbourne

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:52:13 am »

I haven't got Windows 10 but this is what it shows when I Googled the question

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 10:24:20 am »

I don't have windows 10 either, but my guess is that you can put it where you want it.
I have always used that facility in conjunction with a graphics program, usually Photoshop or CAP these days. I take the snapshot and then use the paste part of the copy/paste routine since the snapshot is in effect the copy of the selected area. I then save the document..... paper, card or just the snapshot..... to the relevant folder on my hard drive, where all my cardy stuff lives.

Gay rites four homophones

Our canal boating 'adventures' are on www.jannock.org.uk

BarbW
Bud

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 04:28:08 pm »

Its not a screenshot its a snapshot taken with the camera icon and it doesn't give you a choice where to save it.It's the camera shown on a
PDF file if that makes sense.
Sorry I am rubbish at explaining things

Barbara

Doreen
Bloom

Doreen.....Location Eastbourne

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 04:57:54 pm »

Sorry thought you meant a screenshot. Any pictures I take with my Webcam are saved in pictures/camera roll folder

Carole
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:21:26 am »

I know what you mean, in the pdf, the snapshot tool. I think it is to print that selection, but if you want to save that bit of image I think you have to paste it somewhere or export, then chose, selection only. Can't test at moment as I'm away and have only my tablet..

Carole

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 04:46:02 pm »

I have looked at this again for you and found that I have 2 ways to save the image you have 'snapped'. I don't have Windows 10, but suspect it won't be very different. It may not work for you, but worth a try.

Open a program that can handle graphics and select NEW for a blank page
Then draw the box around the area you want to 'snap'.
Now select COPY from the pdf file
Go into the graphics program and select PASTE and the part of the pdf image that you chose should be there.
Then you will SAVE that as you usually do with whatever graphics program you use. Some may need you to make the image 1 layer first. They all work differently but should allow you to choose where on your hard drive and in what folders YOU choose for it.

The other way saves the snapshot directly.
Draw the box around the area you want to 'snap'.
Go to EDIT, top bar on the left on my set-up. Select TAKE SNAPSHOT
Then find SAVE AS and put it into MY COMPUTER, appearing bottom right select CHOOSE DIFFERENT FOLDER and then you can put it where you want from the 'SAVE AS' menu

Gay rites four homophones

Our canal boating 'adventures' are on www.jannock.org.uk

BarbW
Bud

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 05:38:27 pm »

Thanks ladies don't know where I'd be without your continued help.

Barbara

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: