Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dies againn  (Read 293 times)
BarbW
Bud

« on: October 15, 2017, 05:42:44 pm »

Was looking for a die that I'd seen on a card of a row of houses/buildings and after spending hours yesterday I found 2 one was reverse of the other BUT
one was from large company here in  UK and other was from China. One was 2.49 and other was 20 I'll leave you to decide which was which

Barbara

Carole
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 06:42:07 pm »

Wow! Shall we try and guess which one you sent for?

Carole

MyraW
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:20:52 am »

I was using a due the other day I bought in Uk and guess where it was made?guess I paid iver the odds

ladybirds
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 09:04:43 am »

Same here!! Mr & Mrs die 4.99 or 1.02 exactly the same die, UK or China? and it was post free. I just don't know how they do it Smiley Smiley

Marjorie

BarbW
Bud

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 04:41:25 pm »

Most dies are made in China if you check the packaging, though I did see one company that just says designed in UK
and the Chinese companies get a lot of help with postage costs from their government but the mark up from UK companies does seem excessive.

Barbara

val090
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

From Sunny Dorset

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 11:13:44 pm »

I honestly think people like tattered lace and Sue wilson get their dies made in China, although they may be designed here.
I have found copys of Sue Wilson dies being sold by Aliexpress at a fraction of the price.
Also the peacock I bought is virtually the same as the tattered lace one, but around the other way. Who knows, it may have been a prototype.

Val From Bridport Dorset

Sometimes on your way to a dream, you get lost........but then you find a better one!

Please visit my blog http://valscraftroom.blogspot.com/

Please visit My Facebook Card studio https://www.facebook.com/ValsCardStudio

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 07:42:41 pm »

Not dies but the same thing with sewing. I saw and had-to-have  Roll Eyes a flower stitch foot for my machine, a Janome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXYNzdddr5k
Their price? Over 20. I only want a go, it will probably not be worth that much to me. From Bang Good, under 4 and it took a couple of weeks. It's exactly the same, I bet Janome get them made in China but put a better package and their name on. I may use it for cards one day!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:44:42 pm by megapixie » Logged

Gay rites four homophones

Our canal boating 'adventures' are on www.jannock.org.uk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: