Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grand Calibur  (Read 172 times)
ladybirds
Floral Arrangement

« on: November 16, 2017, 06:45:10 pm »

Can any owners of the Grand Calibur tell me "do you use both sides of the White Cutting Plate"?
 For some reason I have only used one side, so not sure whether to start??

Marjorie

ladybirds
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 09:13:30 am »

Very interesting................not one reply, but 26 views Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Marjorie

Carole
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:14:41 pm »

I tend to use just the one side as I prefer to keep a pristine side as I find it marks the card if the plate has too many cuts on it.The pristine side is then used for mirror card, which shows marks.  Though I cant see why you cant use both sides..I dont use my calibur much as I feel it isn't strong enough and stick to the big shot unless I'm cutting or embossing A4.

Carole

val090
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

From Sunny Dorset

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 12:39:42 pm »

I love my Grand Calibur....I had to look and yes both sides are used. If you use both sides they tend to stay flattened out, if you only use one side they tend to bend,

Val From Bridport Dorset

Sometimes on your way to a dream, you get lost........but then you find a better one!

Please visit my blog http://valscraftroom.blogspot.com/

Please visit My Facebook Card studio https://www.facebook.com/ValsCardStudio

ladybirds
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 03:52:30 pm »

Thanks ladies for your replies
I love my Grand Calibur....I had to look and yes both sides are used. If you use both sides they tend to stay flattened out, if you only use one side they tend to bend,
Yes Val, this is exactly what I'm finding, the white plate is bending, so I think it's time to rotate.
Also I did find during my research that you should use both sides.
Quote "To prolong the life of the plates, use both sides and remove any scrap materials after cutting."
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:56:42 pm by ladybirds » Logged

Marjorie

anneg
Bud

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 06:32:21 pm »

I used to use one side only until it started bending then used both - but -I then found that I needed a 'clean' side for white card and foiled card, so I treated myself to another plate for whites and reverse side for foil,
I bought a Gemini and have the original Cuttlebug but do still use my Calibur a lot, even had a good friend take it to bits and tighten up the inside of it as it became very noisy and a 'loose' feeling, its really good now  ( perhaps I should have done that before getting the Gemini but when I am feeling week that comes into its own.

Anneg
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:36:27 pm by anneg » Logged

Anneg

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: