Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Thank you Jenny !  (Read 1215 times)
carolerob
Floral Arrangement

Chester-le-Street, Co Durham

« on: December 12, 2017, 07:35:05 pm »

Thanks Jenny for resizing my pic. I have followed Lynn's tutorial in CA to resize my pic now for the forum but would like to know how to crop a pic. The one I have just posted in Jan inspirational has some border top and bottom that I would like to cut out on any future cards. I have tried using the crop tool but I'm doing something wrong  Huh  also turn turning a pic around.

I'm hoping somebody can help me so I'm not constantly asking admin  Wink

Carole x 

Bea
Flower

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:19:34 am »

Carole,I save mine to desktop then open paint and drag the photo into paint,along the top is crop and resize I crop to 50 then 50 again,if that makes sense..trial and error really.Bea.

Doreen
Bloom

Doreen.....Location Eastbourne

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 09:43:36 am »

Thanks Jenny for resizing my pic. I have followed Lynn's tutorial in CA to resize my pic now for the forum but would like to know how to crop a pic. The one I have just posted in Jan inspirational has some border top and bottom that I would like to cut out on any future cards. I have tried using the crop tool but I'm doing something wrong  Huh  also turn turning a pic around.

I'm hoping somebody can help me so I'm not constantly asking admin  Wink

Carole x  
Select your picture then click the crop tool then use any of the "handles" and drag as far in as you need to to crop you picture( see screenshot) then click "back" at the bottom of the picture to finish your crop
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:44:59 am by Doreen » Logged

Jennie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 09:50:59 am »

You are welcome Carole.  What photo editing tool do you use?  Brenda introduced me to FOTOSOZER.  The standard version is free to download and that will re-size your photos and allow you to rotate.  Another way to rotate is to right click on the image in windows explorer and you will get the option to rotate either clockwise or anti clockwise.  Doreen has answered your question on how to crop.  I have Microsoft Office Windows Manager on my desktop which is still on Windows 8 (I can't seem to get it on my laptop on windows 10).  That has an easy option to crop, rotate and re-size.

If you want any more help - please ask.  We are always here to help. Smiley

Jennie

nb Tentatrice: http://pippa13.blogspot.co.uk/

Doreen
Bloom

Doreen.....Location Eastbourne

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 11:58:04 am »

Thanks Jenny for resizing my pic. I have followed Lynn's tutorial in CA to resize my pic now for the forum but would like to know how to crop a pic. The one I have just posted in Jan inspirational has some border top and bottom that I would like to cut out on any future cards. I have tried using the crop tool but I'm doing something wrong  Huh  also turn turning a pic around.

I'm hoping somebody can help me so I'm not constantly asking admin  Wink

Carole x  
Select your picture then click the crop tool then use any of the "handles" and drag as far in as you need to to crop you picture( see screenshot) then click "back" at the bottom of the picture to finish your crop

I should have said this in CAP

carolerob
Floral Arrangement

Chester-le-Street, Co Durham

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 06:02:23 pm »

Thanks Bea, Doreen and Jenny for your help, I will give it a go later tonight.

Lynnspain
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

San Miguel de Salinas, Costa Blanca, Spain

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 10:46:34 am »

Let me know if you are successful Carole and if you still have problems, I'll try and help further. Smiley

Lynn
With my luck, when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: