Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cutting Dies  (Read 385 times)
janine
Bud

« on: February 02, 2018, 02:00:35 pm »

Hi all just thought I'd mention that I went into The Works shop in York today and bought 2 lovely dies. One is a florish swirl with leaves and cost £3 and the other is 3 large butterflies and was £4. I've also ordered some dies from China on that famous auction site so eagerly await those. I retired (early) about 6 months ago and after 31 years in the same job it has taken some time to get use to! I've now got back into card making and cross stitching- plenty of time on my hands now! Smiley

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 03:09:23 pm »

Plenty of time? Not once you have restructured your schedule, long term aims and goals! Is that too much like work speak?  Grin Enjoy.

Gay rites four homophones

Our canal boating 'adventures' are on www.jannock.org.uk

Pamela
Floral Arrangement

Uxbridge, West London

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 04:02:28 pm »

Enjoy your retirement Janine, it won’t be too long before you wonder how you found time to go to work.  Cheesy

Pam xxx

Dance like no one is watching
Love like you,ve never been hurt.
Sing like no one is listening
Live like it,s heaven on earth.

Jennie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 06:04:46 pm »

I'm with Brenda and Pam on this one, Janine - you will soon wonder how on earth you ever had time to go to work!   Smiley  Enjoy your retirement and the extra time for card making.

Jennie

nb Tentatrice: http://pippa13.blogspot.co.uk/

little babs
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 06:10:06 pm »

I can only say what the others have said Jannine, you will wonder how you managed to go to work. Enjoy your retirement

Babs

MyraW
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 08:09:39 am »

Dies sound interesting must look in the works next time Im in town enjoy your retirement nice being able to do what you want when you want x

Pamela
Floral Arrangement

Uxbridge, West London

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 08:17:40 am »

Dies sound interesting must look in the works next time Im in town enjoy your retirement nice being able to do what you want when you want x

Myra, I have bought dies from the works before. I found them to be good value, and cut well. A few different designs, ranging in price from a couple of pounds up to about six pounds.

Pam xxx

janine
Bud

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 12:03:20 pm »

Many thanks for your replies ladies. Already realise how did I find time to work! Started doing book folding too. Made one for a wedding it was cut and fold in shape of an heart with the bride and groom inside. Smiley

Pamela
Floral Arrangement

Uxbridge, West London

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 08:22:23 am »

Many thanks for your replies ladies. Already realise how did I find time to work! Started doing book folding too. Made one for a wedding it was cut and fold in shape of an heart with the bride and groom inside. Smiley

Can we see a photo of it please?

Pam xxx

janine
Bud

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 09:37:35 am »

Sorry can't take a photo as its already been given to the bride and groom. Book folding is something I've always wanted to try but didn't think I could do. Started with just a simple heart book fold, did a few more then progressed to cut and fold, which is fiddly but worth it when the pattern starts to emerge. :)Janine

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: