Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: importing pdf into CA  (Read 241 times)
anell
Flower

« on: April 17, 2018, 03:17:46 pm »

Hi I wonder if anyone can help please. I am trying to import one of Wendys older images into Craft Artist, its a PDF but when I import it its asking for a password has anyone else come across this or is it something I'm doing wrong Thanks Anne

Anne xx

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:46:53 pm »

That means that it a password protected pdf, so unless you do something to get around it you can't import it. I don't have any password protected pdf's so I can't have a play for you I'm afraid.
Perhaps someone else has managed it.

The only thing I can think of is to take a 'photo', a snapshot,  of the picture in its pdf form and then save it as a jpg or somesuch and work from that. Thing is you may still need a password to take the snapshot. Could you contact Wendy to remind you IF you had a password to start with or ask how to access the image?

Gay rites four homophones

Our canal boating 'adventures' are on www.jannock.org.uk

anell
Flower

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 07:06:16 pm »

I definitely haven't put a password on to the image I have used it before but only in its ready to print format, must be something that Wendy does thanks anyway x

Anne xx

Lynnspain
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

San Miguel de Salinas, Costa Blanca, Spain

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 07:22:10 pm »

Usually Wendy tells you how to do it. I'd be tempted to contact her for advice.

Lynn
With my luck, when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport.

val090
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

From Sunny Dorset

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 09:18:19 pm »

Anne, I've just tried it with one of Wendy's PDF's

When the PDF image is up, left click on your mouse and it will go dark, now right click and copy image. You can now paste the image into CAP

Val From Bridport Dorset

Sometimes on your way to a dream, you get lost........but then you find a better one!

Please visit my blog http://valscraftroom.blogspot.com/

Please visit My Facebook Card studio https://www.facebook.com/ValsCardStudio

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 09:48:12 am »

Pdf's can be password protected by the person who designed/made/owns copyright for the file. The need to use one to access the file for changes etc. will be embedded within the software. If you try to use the file on another platform, often changing it - which the originator may not want you to do, you can be asked to use a password to unlock it and allow that. Of course the password may not be given out if the originator wants no-one to 'fiddle'.
Not all pdf's have a password function so they are easy to import as Val says. I use my Debbi Moore ones with ease that way.

If you have a scanner you could print out the whole pdf and then scan it, save as a jpg and import that into Craft Artist. However, that may not be lawful, see copyright and all that. Wendy would be the person to ask if that would be OK to do. But she'd probably just tell you the password anyway.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:14:37 pm by megapixie » Logged

anell
Flower

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 07:33:23 pm »

Thanks for all the advice I contacted Wendy as suggested and she very kindly gave me a password because the image is quite an old one, problem sorted now.
Val I tried your advice on the image and that method worked as well so thank you for teaching me something Anne xxx
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:38:43 pm by anell » Logged

Anne xx

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 10:26:15 am »

Well done you.................... and Wendy and Val. Don't forget to show us what you did with it. This month's Inspirations challenge is a very broad theme, will it count for that and the chance to win a fiver?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: