Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: acrylic cutting plates  (Read 125 times)
Lorrie7
Bouquet

« on: May 11, 2018, 02:11:54 pm »

I have purchased two transparent acrylic cutting plates through eBay.  These have arrived and are covered both sides with brown paper which does not look as if it is peelable.  I have been in touch with the seller but think the understanding of language is a problem as they do not  understand what `I am talking about and keep telling me that the size is correct.
Has anyone else had this problem? Will I be able to cut dies with this paper on? Hoping someone out there knows what I am talking about
Lorrie, Troon

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 03:13:22 pm »

I presume they are not dies but the plates used in the sandwich which you feed into the machine. I can't see how the paper would make any difference unless it is very thick.  But then I don't have a die cutter........ The paper might make the plates last a little longer.

Gay rites four homophones

Our canal boating 'adventures' are on www.jannock.org.uk

Lorrie7
Bouquet

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 03:28:55 pm »

Hi Megapixie,
Thanks for your answer. Yes I do mean the cutting plates which are part of the sandwich.  I have previously replaced cutting plates on my cuttlebug and they looked exactly like the picture - clear acrylic cutting plates.  I am going to try the paper covered ones with a die and see what happens.
Lorrie, Troon

MyraW
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:27:52 am »

How did you get on Lorrie.?

Pamela
Floral Arrangement

Uxbridge, West London

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 07:33:27 am »

I,m interested to hear how you got on as well. I hope they worked well, and were not a waste of money.

Pam xxx

Dance like no one is watching
Love like you,ve never been hurt.
Sing like no one is listening
Live like it,s heaven on earth.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: