Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: silicone glue  (Read 1118 times)
Grandma Barbara
Flower

« on: February 07, 2019, 11:02:22 am »

I have spoilt quite a few cards that I was making by having little bits of "shiny" spots on the card from silicone glue. Sometimes it has just leaked out from where I have used it ( obviously I have put too much on)and sometimes I suspect  have must have had some on my fingers and not known. I only use it when I really have to because of this problem I have. It's usually not apparent until after I have left the card to dry and there is little bits that "shine".It is so obvious to me and I end up throwing the whole thing away and starting again. Has anyone any ideas how to rectify the problem apart from covering the whole thing in glitter? Angry  One of you clever people must have a solution for me please Smiley

Lynnspain
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

San Miguel de Salinas, Costa Blanca, Spain

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 11:11:17 am »

I know what you mean Barbara. I use a dab of alcohol on some cotton wool/cotton bud to dab it away.  I mean the alcohol you buy from the chemist or over here it is sold in the supermarket with the toiletries. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:11:44 am by Lynnspain » Logged

Lynn
With my luck, when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport.

val090
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

From Sunny Dorset

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 11:17:27 am »

I've had that problem, but it's never been bad enough to throw the card away.
Have you tried nail varnish remover?

Val From Bridport Dorset

Sometimes on your way to a dream, you get lost........but then you find a better one!

Please visit my blog http://valscraftroom.blogspot.com/

Please visit My Facebook Card studio https://www.facebook.com/ValsCardStudio

Grandma Barbara
Flower

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 10:07:02 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions ladies.  Smiley Will give them a try on a card I made yesterday. I was so pleased with it when I made it but then after I put it away for the glue to dry and saw the shiny bits I was so disappointed. Thanks again.

SallyT3
Bud

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 03:14:13 pm »

What about the glue erasers that Joanna Sheen sells?  I haven't tried one so I don't know, but they're not expensive & may save your cards from going in the bin!!!

Love Sally xx

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 03:58:04 pm »

Hers are out of srock just now, but just Google 'glue eraser' and lots come up at about the same cost.

Gay rites four homophones

Our canal boating 'adventures' are on www.jannock.org.uk

little babs
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 04:36:21 pm »

I have a glue eraser but never used it on silicone.I use a syringe which makes control better and stops any on my hands The Pinflair gel comes with one

Babs

Jem
Bloom

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 09:05:01 pm »

Hi I use a syringe too but I use the small one with the smaller tip.

It's a bit of a guddle as you have to put the silicone glue into the larger syringe and then transfer it into the smaller syringe.

Worth the hassle.  Remember, use it not to near the edge of the paper as it scoots oot the edge.  Shocked

Or you can squeeze some on a spare bit of paper and use a cocktail stick to put it on.

Grandma Barbara
Flower

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 11:06:07 pm »

Thank you all once again for your help. It is very much appreciated. Smiley

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:26 am »

Jem...... GUDDLE....... what a wonderful word, I shall try to use it, or would that be cultural appropriation now and get me in trouble?  Shocked  Wink

Jem
Bloom

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 09:20:30 pm »

Hi Megapixie

One of the meanings of the word guddle is messy/untidy

I've never heard it used as a rude word or meaning.

Scottish word.

megapixie
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 11:31:56 pm »

Oh, I didn't think it has a rude meaning, it sounds just like its meaning..... perfect.

I just get a bit cross lately (understatement  Angry ) with all the talk about so-called cultural appropriation, and it being somehow offensive whatever the situation. Really? A teen gets cornrows put into his/her festival hair - saves trying to keep it washed AND looks wonderful - and it's no longer  a complement to a culture but some sort of insult. How many of those who get upset about this are wearing jeans? Don't they realise they are an American cultural icon, or can we choose who gets offended or is offensive these days?

If we all start using Scots words or Welsh words how long before us English are stealing culture? You can't win for sure. Kiss It's dreek out there!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: