Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Printer help please  (Read 842 times)
SeñoraChris
Seedling

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 12:59:52 pm »

Me again.  Struggling to connect wirelessly.  Can't believe it, have never ever had a problem.  Martin is just downstairs searching in our store room for a USB cable, which you need to buy separately if you don't want to do the wireless route, and I'm going to have to leave it for now as we are due out this afternoon. 
Will report back later.

Pamela
Floral Arrangement

Uxbridge, West London

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 05:10:20 pm »

I struggled to set mine up the first time. It took all afternoon and evening, but I did manage to print from my computer and Brian's ipad. Didn't need to use it for a few days, but the next time I tried I couldn't get it to work at all. Not even with a usb cable. We have had a few problems with our internet service though, so I think that upset things. Yesterday I decided to bring the printer into the Living room. I opened up my laptop and pulled up the canon TS 5050 manual. Followed the steps to set the printer up and it now has been working perfectly, wirelessly. Fingers crossed that's the end of the problems.

Pam xxx

I started out with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.

SeñoraChris
Seedling

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 11:13:24 am »

Good news, girls!  After approaching the point of throwing the new printer out of the window (you know the feeling no doubt) I turned it off and went to meet friends, over for Easter from Bury, for a swift gin and tonic!  Felt better after that and this morning have managed to sort it quite easily.  I did it through the printers keyboard with absolutely no problems at all and all is now well.  I haven't yet printed anything, but if my experience of my other Canon printers is anything to go buy, it'll be up to standard. 
Don't be put off by the problems I had with the wireless connecting, Babs, it really is very easy - usually - and frankly if it doesn't go well the first time a gin and tonic solves the problem it seems!
Will report again when I've printed.

Nice to be be Jennie,  hope you are well.

little babs
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 04:56:26 pm »

Have ordered it with a USB lead from Amazon should get it on Weds
Thank you for all the help given to me

Babs

Carole
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 09:14:04 pm »

I've looked at the ink refills on cityinkexpress. Do they come with instructions , syringes etc?

Carole

Lynnspain
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

San Miguel de Salinas, Costa Blanca, Spain

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2019, 09:17:34 pm »

Val is the one to answer that question Carole. I daresay though that there are options. 😁

Lynn
With my luck, when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport.

val090
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

From Sunny Dorset

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 04:04:47 pm »

I've looked at the ink refills on cityinkexpress. Do they come with instructions , syringes etc?

Sorry Carole, only just seen this.

The answer is not sure. I would imagine so. The best thing to do is ask.
I ordered refillable cartridges, but I'm sure I already had syringes anyway from the other system I'd bought from City ink express.
They are really helpful, if you telephone them or email.

Val From Bridport Dorset

Sometimes on your way to a dream, you get lost........but then you find a better one!

Please visit my blog http://valscraftroom.blogspot.com/

Please visit My Facebook Card studio https://www.facebook.com/ValsCardStudio

Carole
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2019, 08:56:25 pm »

Thanks Val

Carole

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: