Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Money Saving Tips  (Read 12449 times)
little babs
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:01 pm »

For difficult fine dies, rub with a cheap tumble drier cloth,will come out easier..use also when stamping to remove static

Babs

cj
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 10:21:18 am »

Thanks for all the great ideas ladies.

Anne Marie
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »

Cricut cutting mats

I just found 2 that neither of which would hold my card to cut and I have resprayed them with repositional adhesive many times so it looked awful.  TIme to remove it all and start again - buy new ones I hear you shout - pah!!! I am Scottish not loaded!! lol anyway I thought at first did I have one of those paint scraper things they use to get dried paint off windows but no - then I remembered the Betterware sticky stuff remover we have had for years.  Got that out and frugality with that is not a good idea - liberally coated the mats with it and left them for a fw minutes. Used a big knife to scrape off the glue and tah dah  one very clean cutting mat - then washed it with hot soapy water as the sticky stuff remover is a bit oily and just waiting on it to dry now to respray it. Having said all that I might just treat myself to a new one at the SECC in October but until then..............................

Wellnifty
Bud

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 01:52:23 pm »

Anne Marie, I'll have to look out for the betterware remover.  I use the Crafters Companion Stick Away and then the Stick and Spray to re-sticky my mats. I use the large plastic kids messy mats (pack of 5 for about £8) as mats for my cougar, although I do still use the "propper black cat mat" for some thick card and cardboard.

Chris xx

Pamela
Floral Arrangement

Uxbridge, West London

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 05:06:15 am »

Anne Marie, I'll have to look out for the betterware remover.  I use the Crafters Companion Stick Away and then the Stick and Spray to re-sticky my mats. I use the large plastic kids messy mats (pack of 5 for about £8) as mats for my cougar, although I do still use the "propper black cat mat" for some thick card and cardboard.

You can buy sticky stuff remover from Lakeland shops - I bought some a couple of weeks back.

Pam xxx

Dance like no one is watching
Love like you,ve never been hurt.
Sing like no one is listening
Live like it,s heaven on earth.

craftlady
Flower

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 10:45:43 pm »

we no longer have pound shop good job i bought d sided when they had it. i have a box of it. but using quicly

irenemac

Stormangelis
Floral Arrangement

“Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 11:53:23 am »

I've used a Stanley knife for a long time for all my cutting out! It's easy to hold (especially when you have arthriticcy fingers) ... better than those skinny craft knives and not so easy to *misplace*.
And it's a very good tip about using phonebook/yellow pages/Argos catalogues when using a sticky stick!

Patzy x

Patzy x

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: