Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Money Saving Tips  (Read 13784 times)
little babs
Administrator
Floral Arrangement

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 12:12:01 am »

For difficult fine dies, rub with a cheap tumble drier cloth,will come out easier..use also when stamping to remove static

Babs

cj
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 11:21:18 am »

Thanks for all the great ideas ladies.

Anne Marie
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 01:20:03 pm »

Cricut cutting mats

I just found 2 that neither of which would hold my card to cut and I have resprayed them with repositional adhesive many times so it looked awful.  TIme to remove it all and start again - buy new ones I hear you shout - pah!!! I am Scottish not loaded!! lol anyway I thought at first did I have one of those paint scraper things they use to get dried paint off windows but no - then I remembered the Betterware sticky stuff remover we have had for years.  Got that out and frugality with that is not a good idea - liberally coated the mats with it and left them for a fw minutes. Used a big knife to scrape off the glue and tah dah  one very clean cutting mat - then washed it with hot soapy water as the sticky stuff remover is a bit oily and just waiting on it to dry now to respray it. Having said all that I might just treat myself to a new one at the SECC in October but until then..............................

Wellnifty
Bud

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 02:52:23 pm »

Anne Marie, I'll have to look out for the betterware remover.  I use the Crafters Companion Stick Away and then the Stick and Spray to re-sticky my mats. I use the large plastic kids messy mats (pack of 5 for about £8) as mats for my cougar, although I do still use the "propper black cat mat" for some thick card and cardboard.

Chris xx

Pamela
Floral Arrangement

Uxbridge, West London

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 06:06:15 am »

Anne Marie, I'll have to look out for the betterware remover.  I use the Crafters Companion Stick Away and then the Stick and Spray to re-sticky my mats. I use the large plastic kids messy mats (pack of 5 for about £8) as mats for my cougar, although I do still use the "propper black cat mat" for some thick card and cardboard.

You can buy sticky stuff remover from Lakeland shops - I bought some a couple of weeks back.

Pam xxx

I started out with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.

craftlady
Flower

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 11:45:43 pm »

we no longer have pound shop good job i bought d sided when they had it. i have a box of it. but using quicly

irenemac

Stormangelis
Floral Arrangement

“Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 12:53:23 pm »

I've used a Stanley knife for a long time for all my cutting out! It's easy to hold (especially when you have arthriticcy fingers) ... better than those skinny craft knives and not so easy to *misplace*.
And it's a very good tip about using phonebook/yellow pages/Argos catalogues when using a sticky stick!

Patzy x

Patzy x

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: